8/16/16

Roasted Vegetable Vegan Pizza

Evan and I were both happily surprised at how delicious this pizza was! I'm already brainstorming the ways I can incorporate vegan parmesan into more meals. The key to this pizza (besides the parmesan) is sautéing the veggies before putting them on the pizza and loading the pizza with garlic and oregano. 

Toppings:
Tomato sauce (I used tomato basil marinara)
Mushrooms
Two small tomatoes
Two bell peppers
One onion
Artichoke hearts
Fresh basil
Garlic salt
Dried oregano
Red pepper flakes
Minced garlic

Vegan Parmesan
¾ cup raw cashews
3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¾ tsp salt
Pulse ingredients in a food processer (I used my Nutribullet) and store in the fridge

Slice and sauté veggies (mushrooms, peppers, and onion) until browned. Sprinkle with garlic salt and oregano. Divide crust (I used Trader Joes Garlic and Herb pizza dough) into two pieces, roll each on a cookie sheet. A Silpat and perforated baking sheet worked perfectly. Add sauce and veggies (including artichoke, tomato, basil, and garlic), then sprinkle with vegan parmesan, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Bake at 425 for 10-20 minutes (depending on how thick the crust is).

I would make the crust a little thicker next time, but it made enough for two dinners and two lunches. Olives and pesto would make yummy additions too!

recipe from Minimalist Baker - where I am getting all my recipes these days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment