1 cup whole wheat couscous
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 Tbsp. butter
1 Roma tomato or (what I used) half of a can of diced and fire-roasted tomatoes
1 cup frozen roasted corn from Trader Joe's
1 red pepper, diced
1 sweet potato, diced
1 can black beans, drained
2 Tbsp. minced red onion
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
2 small limes, juiced
3 Tbsp. olive oil
salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 415 degrees. Dice sweet potato and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 30 minutes.
2. Into a small bowl, juice limes and add garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, 3 Tbsp. olive oil, and onion.
3. In a small saucepan, bring broth, salt, and butter to a bowl. Remove from heat. Add cup of couscous to the water and stir. Set aside.
4. Heat a little butter in a cast iron and cook roasted corn from frozen until warm.
5. Put roasted veggies, tomatoes, beans, and dressing in the saucepan with couscous. Stir everything together and add more salt as needed.